So, this weekend I finally got around to doing a project I'd been wanting to for a while now.
Nothing terribly amazing, but it was fun.
Last year, in 1st grade, my daughter's art class discussed different artists and their styles. One of the artists they talked about and tried to emulate was Piet Mondrian. She created the work you see here on top. Seeing as I love anything my daughter does, I enjoy Mondrian's work, and have this new quilting thing going on, I figured what the heck, let's quilt it.
You can see, I tried to copy her work as closely as possible. Measuring everything out and adding seam allowances, while not that hard, was a great exercise. Below you can see a bit of my over thinking things...